The chilly winter weather brings on cravings for seafood soups, chowders and bisque!
another fresh seafood idea
You can serve a diverse selection of appetizers when you use seafood. And since many seafood preparations are light, your guests can enjoy them and still look forward to the main course.
- 1 1/2 pound small or medium shrimp
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup light cream
Cook shrimp in salted or seasoned water. Drain, peel and devein. Chop finely.
Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise. Add onion, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco. Blend in cream and mix until smooth. Gently stir in shrimp. Chill. Serve with assorted vegetables. May also be used as a spread with assorted crackers. Makes about 3 cups.
Note: Start with 1/4 cup of cream and add more if needed.
From: Mariner’s Menu: 30 Years of Fresh Seafood Ideas
Contributed by Joyce Taylor