This week you will find recipes for fish, shellfish and salt-dried mullet roe. Enjoy!
Recipes this week are all about oysters. Enjoy!
- From Mariner’s Menu several oyster recipes:
Check out recipes for sweet potato puree, shrimp noodle bowls, onion baked fish fillets and fish tacos. Enjoy!
Mark your calendar for the popular Succulent Seafood series presented by the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores. Learn how to prepare a variety of seafood from top restaurant chefs.
- North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores presents the series Succulent Seafood. For registration details, visit: reservations.ncaquariums.com/pineknollshores/Info.aspx?EventID=1008
- Oct. 20: Island Grille, Atlantic Beach
- Nov. 3: Crabs Claw, Atlantic Beach
- Nov. 10: Saltwater Grill, Swansboro
- Nov. 17: Island Grille, Atlantic Beach
- Dec. 8: White Oak Bistro, Swansboro
- Dec. 15: Crabs Claw, Atlantic Beach
- Jan. 13: Riverside Steak & Seafood, Swansboro
- Jan. 26: Island Grille,Atlantic Beach
- Feb. 2: Ruddy Ducks, Morehead City
If you would like to feast on some fresh local seafood, then head out to the Outer Banks Seafood Festival. The event is scheduled for this Saturday, Oct. 18, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Outer Banks Event Site in Nags Head. For details visit: http://www.outerbanksseafoodfestival.org/event-schedule.
- The Summer 2014 issue of edible Charlotte magazine focuses on seafood: digitaleditions.sheridan.com/publication/?i=217232. It includes several great seafood recipes:
- Go Fish, pages 8-9;
- State of Our Seas, 11-18;
- The Other Fish in the Sea, pages 20-21;
- Fish Farming Done Right, pages 22-25;
- In the Kitchen, pages 26-31; and
- The Man Behind Charlotte’s Freshest Fish, pages 42-44.
- UNC TV’s PBS | A Chef’s Life, Shrimp Sells, Season 2, Ep. 2, video features a recipe for frogmore stew, a traditional crab boil: video.pbs.org/video/2365308376/.
Recipes this week include a simple shrimp cilantro dish, Mediterranean-inspired fish tacos, crab cakes and blue crab-stuffed mahimahi. Also, find out who won the chef’s competition at the North Carolina Seafood Festival. Enjoy!
For a fun-filled weekend, plan to head out to the North Carolina Seafood Festival set for this weekend, Oct. 3 to 5, in Morehead City. For more information and a schedule of events, visit: www.ncseafoodfestival.org.
- Check out North Carolina Sea Grant’s new seafood availability chart, which has been divided into north and south regions: