Check out the seafood-related articles below for this week. Enjoy!
- Ashley Christensen, chef and owner of Poole’s Diner in Raleigh, recently challenged Bobby Flay in Iron Chef America. The North Carolina native used Carolina shrimp in her chum salmon tartare in a chilled heirloom tomato soup. Check www.foodnetwork.com for airtimes. Or go to: http://eater.com/archives/2011/07/25/ashley-christensen-vs-bobby-flay-in-iron-chef-battle-chum-salmon.php to see what Christensen and Flay served the judges.
- July is seafood month on WRAL’s Local Dish. Last Friday, Brian Shrader and Lisa Prince prepared fish tacos. See the video here: http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/food/video/9893851/#/vid9893851. Go to: http://www.ncagr.gov/markets/gottoberecipes/index.html for the printable fish taco recipe and other seafood dishes that have been featured this month.
- The News and Observer highlights flavorful salmon: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/07/27/1371325/wild-side-of-salmon.html
- In the Island Free Press has an article about summer seafood dishes to share with friends: http://islandfreepress.org/2011Archives/07.26.2011-TheBestOfSummerSeafoodDinnerToEnjoyWithFriends.html
- The Outer Banks Voice shares a few ways to prepare Atlantic blue crab: http://outerbanksvoice.com/2011/05/31/how-do-i-love-to-cook-crab-let-me-count-the-ways/