Start your appetites. Here are some seafood-related news and recipes from local media this week. Happy eating.
- Congratulations to Bud Gruninger, the executive chef at Basnight’s Lone Cedar Café in Nags Head. Representing North Carolina, he took second place for his red drum dish at the Great American Seafood Cook-Off in New Orleans on Aug. 6: http://greatamericanseafoodcookoff.com
- See the News and Observer for a fish stew recipe that uses seasonal seafood: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/08/10/1401771/fish-stew-is-light-supper.html
- The Charlotte Observer presents a ceviche recipe for beginners using cooked shrimp: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/10/2515920/ceviche-for-beginners.html
- This article from the Greensboro News and Record contains a nice shrimp and polenta recipe: http://www.news-record.com/content/2011/08/01/article/williams_on_wine_recipe_garlic_shrimp_with_polenta_and_2010_raylen_vineya
- WRAL offers a recipe (and video) for pecan trout. See the video here: http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/food/video/9926424/#/vid9926424. Go to: http://www.ncagr.gov/markets/gottoberecipes/index.html for the printable recipe and other seafood dishes that have been featured.