ANOTHER FRESH SEAFOOD IDEA
A versatile fish, catfish can be prepared in a variety of ways. Try grilling, broiling, steaming, stir-frying or other favorite cooking methods.
- 6 small catfish fillets
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- vegetable oil for frying
- tartar sauce
Prepare tartar sauce beforehand and allow flavors to blend, if possible.
Combine cornmeal and seasonings. Roll fish in seasoned cornmeal. Place fish in single layer in hot oil in large skillet. Fry over moderate heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown on one side. Turn and fry on other side until fish are golden brown and flake easily when tested with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce. Serves 6.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- chopped pulp from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Mix all ingredients together. Chill and allow flavors to blend. Store in refrigerator. Makes about 1 cup.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor