- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Two 10-12 ounce red drum fillets *
Blend all spices well. Dissolve in vegetable oil. Dip red drum fillets in spices and oil, coating well. Drain extra off.
Place fillets on hot cast iron pan, approximately 2 to 3 minutes each side. Must have good ventilation!
Serve with Fresh Strawberry Salsa
- 1 quart strawberries, quartered
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 3 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Mix all ingredients together.
* Remember, availability of particular species will vary based on regulations, season and even changing weather. Thus if the named fish or shellfish is not in your market, ask for another local one that would be similar in texture and flavor — make it your own “catch of the day”!