Seafood markets now have a nice selection of hard blue crabs, soft crabs, shrimp, flounder and bluefish – just to name a few!
- Mariner’s Menu has a recipe for grilled soft shell crabs: https://marinersmenu.org/2011/05/13/the-crab-that-lost-its-shell/
- WECT TV 6 cooks up shrimp over linguini: http://www.wect.com/story/17145435/shrimp-fra-diavlo-served-over-linguini
- Our State Magazine takes a seafood tour along the coast: http://www.ourstate.com/seafood-tour-southern-coast/; http://www.ourstate.com/seafood-tour-crystal-coast/; http://www.ourstate.com/seafood-tour-outer-banks/
- News 14 Carolina features fish tacos and pan-seared red snapper: http://coastal.news14.com/content/cooking/lets_cook/656884/fish-tacos;
- Whole Foods Market North Raleigh’s cooking coach, Mike Davis, shares black rice with sweet potato and scallions that would go great alongside your favorite fish: http://northraleigh.wholefoodsmarketcooking.com/recipes/12870_black_rice_with_sweet_potato_and_scallions
* Remember, availability of particular species will vary based on regulations, season and even changing weather. Thus if the named fish or shellfish is not in your market, ask for another local one that would be similar in texture and flavor — make it your own “catch of the day”!