Greek shrimp, grilled scallops, shrimp salad with fresh North Carolina blueberries, shrimp wedge salad and grilled clams with chorizo — have your attention yet?
- Debbie Moose, cookbook author, editor, freelance writer and award-winning essayist, shares on her blog a modified version of the Greek shrimp recipe found in “The New Southern Garden Cookbook” by Chapel Hill’s Sheri Castle (UNC Press, 2011): http://www.debbiemoose.com/wordpress/
- News and Observer kicks your tacos up a notch with grilled scallops: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/06/12/2132561/try-grilled-scallops-for-fancy.html
- “In the Kitchen with Ken” (http://www.inthekitchenwithken.com) by Ken Blevins from Star-News Online is looking forward to the North Carolina Blueberry Festival and shares a shrimp salad with the celebrated ingredient — fresh North Carolina blueberries: http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20120611/ARTICLES/120619971/1103/living03?Title=In-the-Kitchen-with-Ken-Shrimp-salad
- Winston-Salem Journal thinks this shrimp wedge salad might become a summertime favorite: http://www2.journalnow.com/lifestyles/2012/jun/13/wsfood03-kitchen-scoop-ar-2351917/
- Whole Foods Market North Raleigh‘s food writer, Christine Rudalevige, recalls digging clams in the summertime and recommends grilled clams with chorizo: http://northraleigh.wholefoodsmarketcooking.com/blog/4666_fish_on_fridays
- Star News Online visits the historic fishing village of Calabash: http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20120612/ARTICLES/120619940?Title=Calabash-seafood-tradition-still-cooking-as-diners-flock-in&tc=ar
- UNC-TV’s host, Lisa Prince, visits with brothers Joe and Sam Romano, along with Nathan King, owners of the Seaview Crab Company: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGqhHL5LLKQ&list=PLC44E0B2B9E8E66A2&index=10&feature=plpp_video