Another Fresh Seafood Idea
When shopping for shrimp, choose those that are firm, smell like sea water and are not slippery.
- 1 pound small or medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs combined with 3 tablespoons melted margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup freshly grated medium cheddar cheese
First, make sauce recipe below, set aside and keep warm.
Next, lightly salt shrimp. In medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté lightly, about 2 minutes. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon.
Add shrimp to sauce mixture and mix well. Pour into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle top with crumb mixture and cheese. Bake at 400 F until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving. Serves 3 to 4.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
In medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Lightly sauté onion.
Stir in flour. Add cream gradually, stirring constantly, and cook over low heat until thickened. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and lemon juice.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor