another fresh seafood idea
Before you begin preparing the scallop kabobs read up on grilling seafood at: Where There’s Smoke, There’s Grilled Seafood.
- 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops (or sea scallops, halved)
- 1 can (13 1/2 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place scallops, pineapple, mushrooms and red pepper in medium bowl.
In separate small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, parsley, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup. Pour remainder over scallop mixture and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Alternate scallops, pineapple, mushrooms and red pepper on skewers. Grill about 4 inches from moderately hot coals until one side is golden, about 4 to 5 minutes. Baste with reserved sauce. Turn and cook until other side is golden and scallops are tender. Serves 6 to 8.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor