This week, we have several foodie events as well as some recipes for you to try.
- Sample food from a variety of restaurants in Wrightsville Beach at A Taste of Wrightsville Beach. This event takes place Saturday, Oct. 27, from 4 to 7 p.m. in Robert’s Grocery and Lagerhead’s parking lots. Tickets are $40 in advance or $50 at the gate, and includes a sample from each vendor: http://foodies.blogs.starnewsonline.com/29260/a-taste-and-maybe-a-half-peck-at-wrightsville/
- Join the Food Truck Rodeo in Durham Central Park this Sunday Oct. 28 from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m., featuring 53 vendors. They include A’nets Katch, a seafood restaurant located in Knightdale, and Sarge’s Chef on Wheels with their signature Low Country-style shrimp and grits: http://www.durhamcentralpark.org/events/food-truck-rodeo/
- StarNews Online’s Chef Ken Blevins prepares a recipe for classic shrimp po’boys: http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20121024/ARTICLES/121029882/1103/living03?Title=In-the-Kitchen-with-Ken-Shrimp-po-boys
- Island Free Press shares an Outer Banks shrimp and grits recipe: http://islandfreepress.org/2012Archives/10.15.2012-IslandCookingOuterBanksShrimpAndGrits.html
- Our State magazine details how to cook oysters from the oven to the frying pan: http://www.ourstate.com/how-to-cook-an-oyster/
- Ready for a different tailgate snack? Try Edible Piedmont’s barbequed oysters: http://www.ediblecommunities.com/piedmont/recipes/harvest-2012/barbecued-oysters.htm