Our thoughts and well-wishes are with those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Star News Online features oysters from the inlet and a wonderful recipe for oysters on the half shell: http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20121023/ARTICLES/121029927/1103/living03?Title=North-Carolina-s-inlets-give-oysters-unique-flavors
- WRAL’s Brian Shrader and Lisa Prince serve up an oyster dressing you might want to add to your holiday menu: http://www.ncagr.gov/markets/gottoberecipes/index.html
- Whole Foods Market offers an oyster stuffing recipe that also would be great for your holiday menu: http://northraleigh.wholefoodsmarketcooking.com/recipes/9828_southern_oyster_and_bacon_stuffing
- Winston Salem Journal has an old-fashioned breakfast recipe with bacon, eggs and oysters: http://www.journalnow.com/home_food/food/recipe_swap/article_13d65821-dedb-530a-9d80-901d76dfacf9.html
- “In the Kitchen with Ken” (http://www.inthekitchenwithken.com) by Ken Blevins from Star-News Online cooks up shrimp po’boys: http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20121024/ARTICLES/121029882/1224/living15?Title=In-the-Kitchen-with-Ken-Shrimp-po-boys