Many great recipes can be found on Mariner’s Menu and Seafood Sightings so look around and include seafood on your holiday menu.
- Mariner’s Menu shrimp Christmas tree is a perfect centerpiece for your holiday party: https://marinersmenu.org/2010/12/10/shrimp-christmas-tree/
- Flavor NC features oysters from Carolina Mariculture Co. and shares recipes from Chef Joe Rohrer from the 42nd Street Oyster Bar in Raleigh. Recipes include pimiento cheese oysters, oysters bienville, mignonette sauce for oysters, and Cajun cornmeal crusted fried oysters : http://flavornc.com/2012/11/carolina-mariculture-cedar-island-nc/
- News 14’s Chef Dan Eaton brings steamed clams with Italian sausage, fennel and onions to the table: http://coastal.news14.com/content/cooking/cooking_at_home/673834/steamed-clams-with-italian-sausage–fennel-and-onions
- WECT TV shares a spicy shrimp spread: http://www.wect.com/story/757406/cajun-shrimp-spread
- The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services lists local shellfish sources: http://www.ncagr.gov/markets/aquaculture/shellfish.htm