Shrimp, scallop and crab are currently available at the seafood market, so be sure to prepare at least one of these wonderful recipes. Enjoy!
- “In the Kitchen with Ken” (http://www.starnewsonline.com/section/living15) by Ken Blevins from Star-News Online gets the party started with an appetizer for sauced shrimp: http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20130701/ARTICLES/130709974/1224/living15?Title=In-the-Kitchen-with-Ken-Sauced-shrimp. And he also cooks up yummy shrimp and grits: http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20130709/ARTICLES/130709683/1103/living03?Title=In-the-Kitchen-with-Ken-Shrimp-and-grits
- Whole Foods North Raleigh presents a recipe for seared scallops with garlic scapes and wine: http://northraleigh.wholefoodsmarketcooking.com/recipes/14505_seared_scallops_with_garlic_scapes_wine
- The James Beard Foundation features a crab and tomato salad: http://www.jamesbeard.org/recipes/summer-crab-and-tomato-salad
- The Fresh Market makes a refreshing shrimp cocktail: http://www.thefreshmarket.com/recipes/details/bloody-mary-shrimp-cocktail-fresh-flavors-holiday/#.UeWjfG0phcw
- News 14 Carolina’s Johnson and Wales’ Chef Mark Allison prepares a Thai melon shrimp: http://coastal.news14.com/content/cooking/lets_cook/696445/thai-melon-shrimp