This week, learn how NOAA’s Seafood Inspection Program protects consumers against seafood fraud, read about Mattamuskeet Seafood in Swan Quarter and check out some great recipes.
- NOAA explains what they are doing to prevent seafood fraud: http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/podcasts/2013/07/seafood_fraud.html#.UfEO0Y3viSq
- News & Observer writer Andrea Weigl features Mattamuskeet Seafood in Swan Quarter: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/28/3064714/made-in-nc-swan-quarter-seafood.html
- The N.C. Coastal Federation dishes out Chef Eric Gephart’s fried shrimp: http://www.nccoast.org/Article.aspx?k=2e039919-83e6-41a8-90b4-94f949c27e5c
- The James Beard Foundation create bay scallop ceviche with watermelon and black sesame: http://www.jamesbeard.org/recipes/bay-scallop-ceviche-watermelon-and-black-sesame
- Winston Salem Journal examines regional crab cakes styles: http://www.journalnow.com/home_food/columnists/michael_hastings/article_26dbc894-f972-11e2-953a-001a4bcf6878.html
- Whole Foods North Raleigh describes how to poach fish: http://northraleigh.wholefoodsmarketcooking.com/blog/7499_kitchen_basics_poaching_fish
- Outer Banks Catch shares an easy broiled shrimp with veggies recipe: http://outerbankscatch.com/localcatch/recipe/broiled-shrimp-and-veggie-medley-over-rice