another fresh seafood idea
When shopping for shrimp, look for those that are firm and not slippery. Beware
of shrimp that are bright pink or red. They have a “cooked” appearance due to not being properly iced.
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked small shrimp, peeled
- 4 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pressed garlic
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- cooked rice
Prepare rice according to package directions.
In large saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour, curry powder, ginger and salt. Add chicken broth and blend. Stir in cream and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and lemon juice. Continue cooking until shrimp are heated. Do not allow to boil. Serve over hot rice. Service 6.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor