Try experimenting with one of these seafood recipes — oil-poached fish, tuna coconut ceviche, Caribbean jerk-seasoned flounder or shrimp nachos. For more familiar recipes, check out the shrimp chowder and fried snapper.
- News & Observer gives advice on pairing zesty wines with oil-poached fish: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/04/07/3765062/pairing-zesty-wines-for-an-oil.html?sp=/99/106/139/
- James Beard Foundation creates a tuna ceviche with coconut: http://www.jamesbeard.org/recipes/kokonda
- Food52 makes a quick Caribbean jerk-seasoned, pan-fried flounder: http://food52.com/recipes/6987-caribbean-jerk-seasoned-pan-fried-flounder
- Star News Online prepares cheddar shrimp nachos: http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/dcce?Site=WM&Date=20090715&Module=3200&Category=recipes&
- Our State Magazine cooks a simple shrimp chowder: http://www.ourstate.com/shrimp-chowder/
- Johnson & Wales University deep-fries snapper and serves it with roasted veggies and sofrito: http://recipes.jwu.edu/Deep_Fried_Red_Snapper_with_Roasted_