Time to enjoy soft-shell crabs, currently — or soon — available at the market. If you need help cleaning them, you can find instructions here.
- Mariner’s Menu serves up a hot soft-crab sandwich: https://marinersmenu.org/2013/05/28/hot-soft-crab-sandwich/
- The James Beard Foundation presents pastrami-stuffed soft-shell crabs with cauliflower and broccoli risotto and mustard emulsion: http://www.jamesbeard.org/recipes/pastrami-stuffed-softshell-crab-cauliflower-and-broccoli-risotto-and-mustard-emulsion
- The Outer Banks Voice shares the art of cleaning and cooking soft-shell crabs: http://outerbanksvoice.com/2011/06/30/the-art-of-cleaning-and-cooking-softshell-crabs/
- Our State offers a nice recipe for soft-shell crabs with spring onions, country ham and roasted peanuts: http://www.ourstate.com/the-blue-point/
- Food52 cooks soft-shell crabs in brown butter sauce with capers and lemon: http://food52.com/recipes/12082-soft-shell-crabs-in-brown-butter-sauce-with-capers-and-lemon
- edible Piedmont fries soft-shell crabs coated in cornmeal and flour: http://www.ediblecommunities.com/piedmont/recipes/spring-2012/soft-shell-crabs.htm