another fresh seafood idea
We’ve found that some of the simplest appetizers taste best. Simplicity also shortens preparation time. And many of the recipes, such as cold spreads and
dips, can be prepared ahead of time. In fact, they often taste better when made a day before serving.
- 1 cup cooked clams, minced, liquid reserved
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
Blend together cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt and parsley. Add clams and mix well. Add reserved liquid until desired consistency is reached. Chill thoroughly. Serve with assorted crackers and chips. Makes about 2 cups.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor