another fresh seafood idea
Fish and shellfish can be cooked over water or other liquid enhanced with
flavorings such as wine and herbs, which impart a subtle taste. Seasoning the seafood itself produces a more distinct flavor. Steamed seafood needs little or no fat for cooking.
- 1 1/2 pounds flounder fillets
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 9 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion, including tops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Cut fillets into serving-size pieces. Place on rack, drizzle with sherry and salt lightly. Place on rack over boiling water. Cover and steam until done, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove fish to warm platter. Serves 4 to 6.
While fish is cooking, heat oil in small skillet. Add onion and ginger and stir-fry until tender, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and pepper. Mix well. Remove from heat. Pour over hot fish.