This week learn the difference between conch and whelk then check out recipes for conch/whelk stew, corn pudding with roasted shrimp, macadamia crusted scallops, pan-roasted sea bass with cauliflower soup and stuffed fried shrimp. Enjoy!
- Terri Kirby Hathaway, North Carolina Sea Grant marine education specialist, clears up the confusion between conch and whelk and Vanda Lewis shares a recipe for conch/whelk stew.
- UNC’s PBS | Food makes mouth-watering corn pudding with roasted shrimp.
- James Beard Foundation prepares macadamia-crusted scallops with citrus beurre blanc.
- edible Charlotte cooks pan-roasted sea bass with cauliflower soup.
- Star News Online makes stuffed fried shrimp.