another fresh seafood idea
Serve your fresh salad on a bed of greenery. Vary the lettuce bed for variety. Instead of the usual iceberg, try the delicate, buttery flavor of Boston or Bibb lettuce. Or use red leaf lettuce for some added color.
- 1 1/2 pounds small shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- lettuce leaves
Bring water, garlic, celery seeds and cayenne to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Bring back to boil and add shrimp. When liquid returns to boil, stir and cook until shrimp are pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain in a colander.
Place shrimp in medium bowl. Add celery, mayonnaise, pepper and dill and mix thoroughly. Chill well. Serve on lettuce leaves. Serves 6.