For good times and great seafood, make plans to attend the Day at the Docks festival, Sept. 17-19. Held in Hatteras, the event celebrates the charter and commercial fishing industry. Until then, try your hand at one of these seafood recipes.
- UNC TV’s PBS | Food shares a recipe for quick and easy shrimp scampi.
- The James Beard Foundation grills achiote-rubbed red snapper.
- Johnson & Wales University prepares a tempura-fried seafood and vegetable medley.
- Dan Eaton, of TWC News, makes fulfilling blackened shrimp po boys.
- Whole Foods Market has a flavorful lemongrass seafood curry.