While there visit The Fishermen’s Village, an educational event looking at a day in the life of a commercial fisherman. Find it at downtown at Jack’s Waterfront Bar, 513 Evans St., on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
In the meantime, try out these recipes:
- Our State has incredible beer-poached shrimp and pumpkin grits.
- North Carolina Fisheries Association shares a recipe for stewed hard crabs with corn dumplings.
- Dan Eaton, of TWC News, prepares grits with shrimp, bacon, tomatoes, zucchini and basil.
- Brunswick Beacon makes fresh corn and crab soup.
- Check out the 2012 NC Seafood Festival’s award-winning recipe from the Cooking with the Chef’s program for shrimp and creamy pumpkin grits with braised pork and sweet potato chips.