another fresh seafood idea
Flaked fish can be frozen for up to three months. Just measure the amount you will need for recipes and freeze in airtight pouches. Enhance the flavor and improve the quality by adding a small amount of the cooking broth (about 1/2 cup per 1 1/2 cups flakes) to each package.
- 2 cups flaked fish
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- assorted crackers
Place softened cream cheese in medium bowl. Add onion, garlic, milk, salt, pepper, horseradish and lemon juice. Blend well. Gently stir in fish. Place in 8-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with assorted crackers.