another fresh seafood idea
- 1 pound bluefish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can cream-style corn
Melt margarine in medium saucepan. Add onion and celery and sauté lightly. Blend in flour, salt, pepper and cayenne. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Blend in corn and heat. Add fish and cook until done, about 10 minutes.
Place in bowls. Sprinkle with paprika.
Contributed by: Joyce Taylor