Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or a fresh new dish to try, this week’s simple recipes can satisfy a variety of cravings in a pinch. Enjoy!
- The New York Times features Vivian Howard, owner of Chef & The Farmer in Kinston, for her role in the rural town’s economic and cultural revival. Read the article here, which includes Howard’s recipe for Eastern North Carolina fish stew.
- Mariner’s Menu offers steamed flounder with ginger, a delicate dish with sherry, green onion, soy sauce and fresh chopped ginger.
- Outer Banks Catch has a simple variation of baked flounder with tomatoes and basil. It’s fresh, quick and uses few ingredients.
- Flavor NC is serving whole-roasted striped bass with lemon-herb risotto, courtesy of chef Tom Armstrong of Raleigh.
- Immaculate Bites shares a recipe for Jamaican steamed fish. This hearty dish will become your go-to for its versatility. Whether carb-heavy or fresh with vegetables, you can tailor it depending on your cravings — or what you already have in your fridge!