Feast Down East holds its annual Local Food Conference on Friday, Feb. 10. Barry Nash, North Carolina Sea Grant’s seafood technology and marketing specialist, will participate in a panel on shaping a foodie city. Register at the door.
As part of the conference, Sea Grant will offer a Shellfish Aquaculture Workshop in Morehead City on Saturday, Feb 11. The workshop is scheduled from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm at the Bryant Building on the Carteret Community College campus at 205 College Circle.
- The James Beard Foundation has oysters on the half shell that are topped with finely diced tomatoes and a creamy mignonette.
- Brunswick Beacon cooks up a quick and flavorful shrimp curry.
- Salty Catch Seafood Company keeps things simple with fried shrimp.
- Mariner’s Menu offers baked clams with garlic butter.
- New York Times shares irresistible butter-fried oysters.