The North Carolina Seafood Festival is set for this weekend, Sept. 30 to Oct. 2, in Morehead City. For more information and a schedule of events, visit www.ncseafoodfestival.org.
While there, visit The Fishermen’s Village, an educational event looking at a day in the life of a commercial fisherman. Find it downtown at Jack’s Waterfront Bar, 513 Evans St., on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
In the meantime, switch things up with these recipes:
This week, browse recipes for jumping mullet, littleneck clams, shrimp and scallops.
Pick one of these easy weekday meals for shrimp, fish, crab or clams. Enjoy!
- BigOven has jumbo crab cakes that are baked instead of fried.
- Bit and Grain shares a recipe from Chef Ricky Moore, owner of Saltbox Seafood Joint in Durham, for clam chowder.
Seafood recipes this week include shrimp, crabs and clams.
If time permits, consider taking a short survey on North Carolina foodways being conducted by a professor at UNC-Chapel Hill.
- News & Observer shares information on a survey being conducted by Marcie Cohen Ferris, a professor of American studies at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, on North Carolina foodways. You have the option to take a 5-minute or 20-minute version of the survey. The deadline is Sept. 5.
- Coastal Review Online shares a special-occasion recipe for stuffed shrimp.
Check out recipes for griddled amberjack collars, seafood stew, bacon-wrapped scallops and shrimp salad. Enjoy!
This week’s round up includes several simple recipes for steamed clams, clams casino, grilled shrimp boil packets, fish tacos and roasted soft-shell crabs.
- Outer Banks Restaurant Guide shares a recipe for fish tacos.
Great seafood recipe ideas this week include shrimp, crab and fish. Enjoy!